Pages

Sunday, 5 February 2017

Cosy cushion and cloud streaked skies

January for me has been all about deadlines, it has passed me by in a flash. Now it's February, it's time to stop all that rushing around (if only for a little while), relax and be cosy indoors, read those books I got for Christmas, maybe crochet something for myself, take walks in the crisp winters air and just enjoy my surroundings. This year I'm lucky to have been asked to collaborate with We Are Knitters and so when I received some yarn samples I couldn't wait to try them out. The colours and textures were just right for this cushion, which was inspired by the cloud streaked skies from my walks and is perfect to snuggle up with whilst reading those books.

Cloud streaked skies cosy cushion



You will need:
10mm crochet hook (or the size appropriate for your yarn/tension)
Two 200g balls of The Wool in Aquamarine
One 200g ball of The Wool in Natural
40cm cushion pad

Abbreviations: (UK terms)
ch - chain,
sl st - slip stitch,
dc - double crochet,
tr - treble crochet

Make 2
Using Aquamarine, ch 26.
Row 1 Dc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to end, ch 1, turn. (25)
Row 2 Dc, *ch1, miss 1dc, dc, repeat from * to end, ch 1, turn.
Row 3 Dc, *1tr into dc below ch on previous round, dc, repeat from * to end, ch 1, turn.
Row 4 to 10 Repeat rows 2 & 3 three times and row 2 once more.
Join Natural and repeat pattern to end working rows 11 to 14 in Natural, 15 and 16 in Aquamarine, 17 and 18 in Natural and 19 to 25 in Aquamarine.
Fasten off.




Place right sides together and either sl st or sew three sides together leaving the bottom open, turn to the right way, insert cushion pad and sew the bottom opening closed.



I would love to see your makes, tag me on Instagram

Thanks Flo and Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment