htr face scrubbies

I've been sticking to small projects lately as I currently have the attention span of a...I was going to say goldfish but I just read that apparently theirs is 9 seconds and a humans is 8, so human it is :D

Yesterday I made these reusable face pads using Paintbox Yarns recycled cotton worsted that I was gifted by the lovely folks at Lovecrafts. I've shared the pattern for the pads below and the pattern for the pads and the basket can be found in my Etsy shop or on Lovecrafts.

Using worsted cotton and a 4.5mm hook (you can use any cotton yarn and appropriate sized hook, but if yours is thinner you may want to add an extra increase round of htr before the final round)

UK stitch terms (htr = US hdc, dc = US sc)

Scrubbies

Make 3ch.

Rnd 1: 9htr in third ch from hook. (9sts)

Rnd 2: 2ch (does not count as first st throughout), 2htr in each st around. (18sts)

Rnd 3: 2ch, (1htr, 2htr in next st) nine times. (27sts)

Rnd 4: 1ch, 1 reverse dc (crab stitch) in each st around, join with sl st to first st.

Reverse dc/crab stitch is worked in a similar way to normal dc but is worked clockwise around rather than anticlockwise to create a twisted stitch effect around the edge, as follows: 

Insert hook in next st to right, yoh (yarn over hook), pull through, two loops on hook, yoh, pull through, repeat around.

I've added a little silent movie which may help or there are lots of other tutorials out there.

Fasten off, weave in ends.

I'd love to see your makes, send me a photo or tag me on Instagram @flo_and_dot  #floanddot

Thanks Sarah-Jane :)