Mini htr pumpkin

Autumn normally makes me feel a bit down but as I've been feeling like that all year I'm hoping this year it's going to work in reverse! (: So starting with a more positive vibe I’m sharing my mini htr pumpkin recipe.


Ingredients:
Ricorumi DK cotton 25g balls in autumn colours available from Lovecrafts (I used a couple of their Spray colours too)
3.5mm hook
Stuffing

Method:
(UK terms htr = US hdc)

Pumpkin, make 18ch
Row 1: htr in third ch from hook, htr to end, turn. (16htr)
Row 2: 2ch (does not count as st throughout), htr in the very front loop the one under the top two loops (see pic below) to end, turn.


Row 3: 2ch, htr in back loops to end, turn.
Rows 4 to 20: Rep rows 2 and 3 till 20 rows.
Fasten off leaving a long thread.
Join short ends together with through base of ch from Row 1 and back loops of Row 20, turn so rib is facing out.

Gather bottom of pumpkin together, stuff pumpkin, gather top of pumpkin together, thread yarn through pumpkin to create slightly squashed centre. Fasten off securely. 

Make a stalk or tendril as follows:

Stalk, make 6ch
Row 1: sl st in second ch working in the back loop of ch (see pic below), sl st to end.


Fasten off leaving a long thread and sew to top of pumpkin.

Tendril, make 20ch
Row 1: sl st in second ch working in the back loop of ch (see pic above), sl st to end.
Fasten off leaving a long thread and sew to top of pumpkin.


I'd love to see your makes, send me a photo or tag me on Instagram @flo_and_dot  #floanddot

Thanks Sarah-Jane :)