Crochet not Macramé Mini Rainbow

I've had some macramé cord and other bit and bobs for ages now thinking I would take up macramé.  But it's a case of having all the gear and no idea. Anyhow I love all the macramé rainbows that I've seen lately so thought I'd have a go at a crochet version.

I've shared my attempt with you here.

Crochet not Macramé Mini Rainbow

You will need:
DK cotton yarn in four colours (A, B, C and D)
4 x 18cm lengths of 3mm macramé cord
3mm hook
Optional: keyring


Abbreviations: This pattern is written in UK terms (1dc is equivalent to 1sc in US terms)

dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)

Pattern:

Using yarn A, join yarn with a sl st around one length of cord.

Row 1: 12dc around cord. Draw stitches closer together along cord and fasten off. (12sts)


Row 2: Join yarn B with sl st to first st on Row 1 and working around second cord * 1dc in first st, 2dc in next st, rep from * to end. Draw stitches closer together along cord and fasten off. (18sts)

Row 3: Join yarn C with sl st to first st on Row 2 and working around third cord * 2dc in first st, 1dc in each of next 2sts, rep from * to end. Draw stitches closer together around cord and fasten off. (24sts)

Row 4: Join yarn D with sl st to first st on Row 3 and working around fourth cord * 3dc, 2dc in next st, rep from * to end. Draw stitches closer together around cord and fasten off. (30sts)


Weave in yarn ends. Fray out cord and trim to suit. 

Add a hanging loop and there you have it. I added a keyring to mine and attached it to my project bag.


I'd love to see yours if you make one, send me a photo or tag me on Instagram @flo_and_dot  #floanddot

Thanks Sarah-Jane :)